Sunday, May 15, 2022

Thinking Outside The Box

 M slid off the bed early this morning. I had to call 911 to get a "Lift Assist". Very upsetting. The nursing home had Hoyer Lifts. They are expensive. This one on Amazon is one of the least expensive at $599.99 and has a 450 lb capacity. I don't think it would last very long at all and we don't have the room to store it.



I am a "Car Guy" so I checked my local Harbor Freight tool company and found a 1000 lb capacity engine hoist that actually folds up for storage for $229.00 and the sling basket on ebay for $88.01. This just might work and can be stored out on the upstairs balcony under a BBQ cover.








2 comments:

  1. I've called 911 several times for the firemen and EMT guys to pick me up when I've fallen. If nothing else, I'm a training experience.

    ReplyDelete